Air India Airline Web Check in Online
Passengers with a booked ticket can avail themselves of Air India airlines web check in. They can complete the check in from the comfort of their homes or offices. The Air India online web check in can be done anytime between 48 hours before departure. The online check in window closes 2 hours before take-off for international flights and 1 hour before domestic flights.
You will have to go to the official website of Air India, enter the necessary information, and proceed accordingly. Once finished, passengers can get their boarding passes printed instantly, which they will need to show at the checkpoint. If passengers have baggage, then they will need to deposit the baggage in the Baggage Drop counter and collect the respective tags for the same.
Instead of a boarding pass, international passengers are provided with a confirmation slip. They can show the confirmation slip at the airport and get their documents verified. People such as unaccompanied minors and those requiring wheelchairs cannot avail themselves of Air India flight web check in. They will need to do so directly at the airport.
Steps for Air India Web check in
Passengers need to follow the following steps to successfully carry out Air India online web check in.
- The first step is to visit the Air India website (airindia.in). Then click on the ‘Manage your Trip’ tap. A drop-down menu will appear. From the menu, select the ‘Web check in’ option.
- Then, you will either have to select the Electronic Ticket number/Booking reference or the Frequent Flyer Car Number. If you select the former, you will have to provide the 13 digit E-ticket number or the 5-8 digit Booking Reference along with other relevant flight details. If you select the latter option, you will have to input your frequent flyer number and the name of the airline or program.
- After this, you need to select your seat number.
- Once the seat number is selected, your boarding pass will be issued.
- You will need to print out the boarding pass, and with this, your Air India airlines web check in will be completed.
- If you are checking in for an international flight, you will get a confirmation slip instead of a boarding pass. While in the airport, you will need to present this slip to the authorities, who will then give you a boarding pass.
Air India Web check in Baggage Allowance
While passengers do not have an option for Air India baggage web check in, they are requested to report well in advance about their baggage before check in closure in the airport. Following are the details about how much baggage you are allowed to carry with you.
The following are the baggage allowances that Air India provides for each cabin class:-
- First Class- 40 kgs.
- Business Class- 35 kgs.
- Economy Class- 25 kgs.
- Infants in all classes- 10 kgs.
The sum of baggage dimensions for First and Business Class should not exceed 62 inches or 158 centimetres (length+breadth+height). The combined baggage dimensions for Economy Class passengers having two pieces of baggage should not be more than 273 cm (107 inches) (length+breadth+height).
Points to note during Air India Web check in
- To make sure you have a smooth Air India flight web check in, make sure you keep your Booking reference number or the Frequent Flyer Card number with you.
- The web check in can be availed between 48 hours to two hours prior to the departure of international flights and till one hour prior to domestic flights.
- The Air India web check in option lets the customers choose seats according to their liking, as long as the seats are available at that point in time.
- It is compulsory to carry a print-out of your boarding pass or your confirmation slip when you arrive at the airport.
Air India Web check in FAQs
1. Do I need to register myself for availing the web check in facility?
A. No, you do not need to register yourself to avail the web check in facility. If you have a confirmed booking, you can visit the website and complete the web check in.
2. Who can avail of this facility?
A. Anyone who has a booking with Air India can avail themselves of this facility. In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, passengers will have to fill a questionnaire having the following conditions:-
- The passenger is not residing in any containment zone.
- They are not suffering from any cough, fever, or respiratory problems.
- They must not be under quarantine.
- If they develop the aforementioned symptoms, they must contact the medical authorities immediately.
- They are not Covid positive and if they were, they have since then recovered from the virus. They will be allowed to travel only after presenting their Covid-negative certificate approved by the ICMR.
- They will make their mobile number and other contact details available to the airlines at all times.
- They must follow all the health protocols as laid down by the destination State or Union Territory.
3. Can passengers having special requests such as wheelchairs, and unaccompanied minors be web checked-in?
A. No, these people cannot avail of this facility. They will have to directly come to the airport and check themselves in at the check in counter.
4. Why is a confirmation slip issued for International flights?
A. Passengers travelling internationally need to get their travel documents verified by the staff. The confirmation slip contains information like the name of the passenger, flight number and seat number. This helps in confirming these details in case there is any discrepancy arising when the name on the Passport and the booking name do not match.
5. Is Air India baggage check in possible?
A. No, baggage web check in cannot be availed through the web, but Air India has dedicated baggage counters in the airports, which open 3 hours prior to the departure timings.
6. Would I be able to get a seat of my choice?
A. Yes, you can choose a seat to your liking, depending on the availability of the particular seat, during the web check in itself.