AirAsia Airline Web Check in Online
AirAsia is a Malaysia based company, formed out of Tune Air in 2002, led by CEO Tony Fernandes. The company provides low-cost domestic and international flights, connecting major airports of India and the world. Recently, Tata Group has expanded its stake in Air Asia India, which is a joint venture that started in 2014.
To facilitate social distancing and contactless check in services during the ongoing COVID-19 scenario, the company encourages its passengers to opt for AirAsia airlines web check in service. The system is available for all passengers with a confirmed ticket. They can check in either through the official website or by using the airline company’s app.
The AirAsia flight web check in opens up 14 days prior to the departure date and closes 60 minutes prior to the flight’s departure. Keeping the safety and security of every passenger in mind, the airlines have introduced certain rules. They have restricted certain groups of passengers from boarding the plane, such as people with medical conditions, pregnant women, mothers who are travelling with an infant of 8 days or less, and minors travelling alone.
Steps for AirAsia Web Check-in
Follow these simple steps for AirAsia online web check in. Ensure that you have a confirmed ticket, booking number and that the check in is done up to 14 days before the booked flight or at least 1 hour before the departure.
- Visit the official website of AirAsia Airlines (airasia.com), or download the official app. Select the name of the departure city and enter the provided booking number. Tap on the Check-in/Go option to proceed with AirAsia flight web check in.
- Passengers can even opt to check in their return flight. For that, they need to select the box shown on the screen.
- Travellers can select and manage add-ons, choose the best available seats, baggage size and sports equipment.
- They need to tap on the ‘Check-in’ button and an e-boarding pass for a departing flight will be generated automatically.
- Take a printout of the generated e-boarding pass or save a softcopy for future usage.
- It is advisable to go through the provided guidelines and instructions carefully. The airline is changing them from time-to-time, assuring top-graded safety and convenience.
AirAsia Web Check in Baggage Allowance
AirAsia baggage web check in option is not available yet. Passengers can drop their luggage at the designated area and head for security check. However, there are certain rules that a passenger has to follow.
- Made effective from the 7th of July 2020, passengers are allowed to bring two cabin baggage with them on the flight. They can be cabin baggage, laptop bag or one handbag or small bag. But make sure that the weight of both the bags should not be more than 7 kgs.
- Cabin baggage should have dimensions of 56x36x23 cm. It should easily get stuffed into the overhead storage present in the plane.
- The other small bag or laptop bag should be of dimensions of 40x30x10 cm. It should be able to fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
- The extra baggage will be divided into different categories depending on their weight: 15 kg(for domestic flights only), 20 kg, 25 kg, 30 kg and 40 kg, and travellers will have to pay for the extra baggage.
- The checked baggage allowance gets included within the fare, for passengers flying on Premium Flatbed or Premium Flex, or who have purchased a value pack.
Points to note during AirAsia Web Check in
Here are some of the important things that passengers need to keep in mind for AirAsia web check-in.
- A Passenger can web check in up to 14 days prior to the flight and at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- A passenger has to report the following information at the airport.
- If the passenger’s age lies between 12 and 16 years and he is travelling alone
- If the passenger needs any special assistance
- If the passenger is travelling with an infant eight days old or below
- If the passenger is a pregnant woman
- Every passenger must abide by the rules and regulations set by AirAsia flights and of the state to which they are visiting.
- A passenger is advised to go through the flight and journey related instructions and agree to “Terms and conditions” shown during AirAsia online web check in.
- The airlines do not allow external books, magazines, newspapers or any food items on the flight.
- Passengers can cancel or modify their ticket bookings, either from the official website of AirAsia or by calling on the numbers- 080-46662222, 080-67662222.
AirAsia Web Check in FAQs
1. What are the mandatory identification documents that children below 12 years need to carry while travelling?
A. Children below 12 years need to carry either their Adhar card/ birth certificates or any government certified photo ID proof. Their parents or guardians must accompany them.
2. How many people can web check in one go with AirAsia?
A. AirAsia allows a maximum of 50 passengers to check in in one go.
3. How much time prior to a flight should you reach the airport?
A. You should reach the airport at least sixty minutes prior to the flight even if you have opted for AirAsia flight web check-in. Reaching early to the airport will save you from last minute hassle and from standing in the long queue to complete formalities. Confirm the baggage drop closing time at the counter.
4. What is a value pack?
A. A value pack comprises certain pre-booked add ons that passengers can purchase while proceeding with their initial bookings. It includes a hot meal, 15Kg checked baggage along with a standard seat.
5. Are there any specific rules for AirAsia baggage check in for infants?
A. AirAsia baggage web check in is not available yet. Parents can carry buggies, baby strollers and prams without having to pay any charges. Additional baggage allowance needs to be pre-booked.
6. What happens when passengers opt for AirAsia flight web check in, without having a pre-booked seat?
A. The passengers get assigned to any random seat. That means groups travelling together may not get a chance to be seated closely.