SpiceJet Airline Web Check in Online
SpiceJet, headquartered in Gurugram, is one of the low-cost airlines preferred by many passengers. SpiceJet airlines web check in saves time, enabling passengers to select seats of their choice online. They need to visit the official website of the airline and enter the registered PNR Number, name, and email within the system. Once done with the web check-in process, passengers can download/print their boarding pass from their home, office, or just about anywhere. With time, more and more travellers are starting to use this facility to avoid standing in long queues for hours before their flight.
The facility of SpiceJet flight web check in is available from 48 hours to 3 hours before the flight is scheduled to depart. The web check-in process is made available for corporate users until 2 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure, starting from the booking time. They can even opt for an online baggage check-in facility and meal selection, simultaneously. However, it's essential to know that the comfort of SpiceJet online web check in is only available for the passengers flying on domestic flights and not international flights.
One thing to keep in mind is that passengers cannot make any changes in the booking once SpiceJet online web check in gets done. To do so, they'll first have to web check out and then make the required changes.
Steps for SpiceJet Web Check in
Passengers can follow the steps mentioned below to get their web check-in procedure completed before the departure of the scheduled flight:
- Passengers will have to visit the official website of SpiceJet (spicejet.com) and log in using the necessary credentials. They can even open the SpiceJet App on their Android or iOS devices.
- Tap on the web check-in link.
- Read through the terms & conditions and click 'continue'.
- Select Departing City, enter the PNR Number along with the registered email ID in the provided space.
- Once the updated details turn out to be correct, the system will prompt users to select or enter the passengers’ names to complete their web check-in.
- After entering the passenger(s) names to complete their web check-in, select desired seats out of the vacant seats available through the seat map.
- Next, fill in the necessary details of the passenger(s) and their seat numbers.
- Add baggage and confirm the entered details along with seat numbers.
- Once completed, a boarding pass will be provided along with a customer’s copy and bag tag that needs to be printed.
SpiceJet Web Check in Baggage allowance
Before opting for SpiceJet baggage web check in, go through the available information about baggage allowance set by the airline:
- Made effective from October 24 2020, the airline allows one piece of checked-in baggage for free. The baggage’s overall dimensions must be a maximum of 158 cm per person flying domestically, with up to 15Kg weight.
- Notably, the balance weight of less weighing baggage than the permitted limit would not be adjusted as hand baggage. Also, passengers travelling with the same PNR are not allowed to club their baggage.
- One piece of freehand baggage up to 7 kg, including laptop and duty-free shopping bags, is permitted within the dimensions of 55cm+35cm+25cm. Additionally, women are allowed to carry ladies purses over the hand baggage allowance.
- Excess baggage is charged as INR 500 per kg at the airport. Please note that for each Prepaid Excess Baggage, individual slabs, i.e. Per Passenger/ Per PNR, gets booked only once. INR 750 gets charged for extra baggage in addition to the excess baggage charges incurred.
Points to note during SpiceJet Web Check in
- SpiceJet airlines web check in is available only across the domestic sector and not for international flights.
- Passengers who have booked their flight tickets under any particular category can avail this facility of web check-in with SpiceJet.
- Passenger's PNR number is essential for web check-in. So, it's advised to keep it handy and fill it correctly.
- Some seats on flights are blocked by the airline and passengers cannot book them during web check-in. Select seats that are made available on the map by the airline.
- Since the web check-in facility for baggage is available along with SpiceJet flight web check in, passengers must drop the checked-in baggage before proceeding for their security check to avoid inconvenience.
- It's advised that passengers carry a printout of their boarding pass, customer copy and baggage tag after completing their web check-in process.
- In case the boarding pass gets misplaced, it can be reprinted from the website.
SpiceJet Web Check in FAQs
1. What needs to be done in case of a misplaced Boarding Pass?
A. In the event of a misplaced boarding pass, it’s pretty simple to retrieve it. Click on the web check-in link made available by SpiceJet. The system recognises the passenger in an automated manner and will offer an option to reprint the boarding pass.
2. How do I cancel my ticket once I’ve web checked in with SpiceJet?
A. If a passenger wishes to cancel their ticket after they’ve web checked in with SpiceJet. They can do so either by calling SpiceJet Reservation on +91 (0)124 4983410 and +91 (0)124 7101600 or opt for the web check out option made available online, 2 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
3. Is it mandatory to web check-in with SpiceJet?
A. With the government’s flying guidelines, for the COVID-19 period, SpiceJet has made it mandatory for its passengers to complete their web check-in before the departure of the scheduled flight. In case someone decides to check-in at the airport, they’ll have to pay a facilitation fee of INR 100 per passenger.
4. Can I book seats of my choice with SpiceJet web check-in?
A. While opting for web check in, the system will guide you through a seat map of available seats. However, some seats are blocked by the airline that you will not be able to select. Go for the ones which are marked as completely vacant.
5. How many passengers can I check in at once with SpiceJet?
A, Currently, SpiceJet allows a maximum of 9 passengers to be web checked in at one time.
6. Is it possible to complete SpiceJet baggage web check in along with the Web Check in process?
A. Yes, you can opt for both simultaneously.