Vistara Airline Web Check in Online
Headquartered in Gurugram, Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. The brand is registered as TATA SIA Airlines Limited. Web check-ins were getting popular among travellers in a slow and steady manner, but with the onset of the COVID 19 situation, it has been made compulsory. Vistara airlines web check in eliminates the hassle of standing in long queues at the airport and enables passengers to select seats as per preference by entering a unique Booking Reference Number and last name. They can also buy an extra baggage allowance and pick on-flight meals.
Unlike other airlines, the Vistara flight web check in facility is available on domestic and international flights. Domestic travellers can avail of this facility 48 hours to one hour before the scheduled flight’s departure time. For international travellers, the facility is available from 48 hours to 2 hours before the scheduled departure times.
Apart from Vistara airlines web check in, passengers can also avail of mobile check-in, return check-in, and metro check-in. Travellers having a return flight scheduled within 48 hrs of the originating flight can collect the boarding passes for both flights at initial check-in. This facility is available for both domestic as well as international flights. For flights within India, travellers can even opt for check-in at the New Delhi Metro Station, 12 to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Vistara flight web check in is not available for:
- Unaccompanied Minors
- For passengers with hearing and visual impairment
- For groups of more than nine people on the same booking
- For international credit card bookings
- For staff travel and passengers on discounted fares
- Special service requests such as a stretcher or extra seat(s)
Steps for Vistara Web Check in
Passengers need to follow a list of steps to complete their Vistara online web check in process before boarding a scheduled flight.
- Log into the official website of Vistara Airlines (airvistara.com) or open the Vistara App on your mobile device.
- Click on the Check-In tab on the booking widget.
- Fill in Booking Reference Number and last name.
- Next, the system will direct you to a seat map on the website. You can select seat(s) of your choice. An E-boarding pass gets forwarded via email once the web check in process is confirmed.
- You can simply download your E-boarding pass or get it printed.
Vistara Web Check in Baggage Allowance
Vistara Baggage Web Check in is not available yet. However, there is a detailed list of protocols that need to be followed before flying with the airlines.
- The baggage allowance varies as per domestic or international trip or depending on the Vistara Freedom Fares, categorised into Lite/Value, Standard and Flexi. Economy Class passengers travelling within India are allowed to carry check-in baggage, ranging between 15kg to 20kg. Premium Economy Class and Business Class passengers are allowed to carry check-in baggage, weighing between 20kg and 30kg, respectively. INR 500 per kg is charged for extra weight.
- Economy Class passengers are allowed to carry a maximum of one handbag that shouldn’t exceed 7 kg. In contrast, Premium Economy and Business Class passengers can carry handbags that should be weighing between 10kg and 12kg, respectively. Moreover, the dimensions of the handbag should adhere by 55 cm + 40 cm + 20 cm (L+W+H).
- Club Vistara Gold, Silver and Platinum members will get 5, 10 and 15 kg extra, respectively, above the mentioned weight limit for domestic and international flights.
- Club Vistara Gold, Silver and Platinum members will get one additional handbag allowance when flying on Economy Lite fare within India.
Points to note during Vistara Web Check in
- Using a web check-in facility, passengers can select a seat of their preference, in-flight meal options, and buy extra baggage allowance.
- Passengers’ Booking Reference Number is important for the Vistara flight web check in. So, it’s advised to keep it handy.
- Domestic travellers can avail of this facility only between 48 hours to 1 hour prior to the scheduled flight departure. International travellers can avail of it between 48 hours to 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Passengers should carry a printed or a soft-copy of their boarding pass.
- Passengers need to adhere to the maximum check-in baggage allowance based on their Cabin Class and Vistara Freedom Fare.
- If the check-in baggage allowance requirement exceeds the maximum limit, passengers will be charged INR 500 per extra kg.
- Neither domestic nor international travellers can cancel their seat booking through Vistara online web check in.
- Web Check-in is not available for groups of more than nine people on the same booking.
- Vistara allows battery cells in electronic items, but loose cells are restricted.
- Travellers must make sure that they are carrying essential documents, medicines and valuable items within their handbags.
Vistara Web Check in FAQs
1. How early can I opt for Web Check In?
A. Domestic travellers can avail of this facility 48 hours to one hour before the scheduled flight departure time. For international travellers, the Vistara online web check in facility is available from 48 hours to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure times.
2. Can I Web Check In for other people travelling with me?
A. Yes, you can web check-in for a maximum of 8 other people, given they are included in the same booking reference number.
3. I do not have any check in baggage and I’ve checked in online, can I go directly to the boarding gate?
A. Vistara Baggage Web Check in is not available yet. Domestic travellers without any check-in baggage can proceed to the security checkpoint for verification and stamping of their boarding pass. International travellers should report to the check-in counter 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time for their document verification.
4. Is it possible to opt for a return flight check-in facility with Vistara Airlines?
A. Yes, in case you have a flight scheduled within 48 hours,
- Opt for self-check-in via a mobile app or website.
- Go for Kiosk check-in at particular airports.
5. Are there any items that are prohibited on Vistara Flights?
A. You cannot board a flight with Vistara Airlines with scissors, firearms, knives, tools, sharp instruments, ammunition and explosives.