COVID-19 policy for Airline / Hotel Bookings done through InterMiles
Important update: As per the Government of India directive issued on 24th March 2020, regarding the nationwide lockdown, our Trade Partner, EaseMyTrip has announced that the flight inventory for travel date between 25th March to 17th May 2020 has been blocked.
The outbreak of coronavirus has disrupted flight schedules of airlines across the globe. Airlines have been constantly updating their flight schedules and related policies as also there has been a constant change to travel advisories of different countries. We understand that these constant changes will present challenges to our Members/passengers with regards their air travel and hotel bookings.
To ensure we are able to assist our Members/passengers in the best possible manner, we are working with our travel partner/s to try and offer our Members the maximum waiver benefit for rescheduling / cancellation of their flights / hotel bookings during this time. We have also relaxed some of our policies for flights and hotels booked through InterMiles during this time.
InterMiles Airline bookings Amendment policy for COVID-19 support
The below grid outlines the details on the waivers and refunds applicable as per the type of travel & segments booked with InterMiles.
For Revenue Air Tickets: InterMiles will not charge any Cancelation and Rescheduling Fees till 17th May'20
For Redemption Air Tickets: InterMiles will not charge any Cancelation and Rescheduling Fees till 17th May'20
Here are the updated airline policies. We request you to refer the updated airline policies as airlines may change their cancellation and date change rules without prior intimation.
- Request for cancellation must be submitted a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure, either by calling the InterMiles Service Centre or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date of travel should be up to 17th May 2020
- For situations where the airline has cancelled the flight and has been unable to re-accommodatethe Member/passenger on other available alternates and has been thus offered a full refund by the said airline, Members must contact InterMiles by sending a mail to email@example.com with a copy of the ticket and PNR, and a confirmation from the airline that the travel is eligible for a complete refund. In such cases, InterMiles will refund the associated InterMiles on the ticket after independently verifying through its travel partner, EaseMyTrip
- In instances of voluntary cancellation of travel by the Member/passenger, prevalent InterMiles Terms & Conditions will apply including but not limited to refund of InterMiles, levy of Service Fee, etc.
- All other InterMiles Terms & Conditions remain unchanged
For Date Change:
- Request for date change must be submitted a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure by calling the InterMiles Service Centre or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If departure is within 3 days, these requests will be regretted. Member has the option to cancel the itinerary in such a scenario. Cancellation charges may apply as per the airline policy.
- Booking amendments to the preferred date are subject to availability. In case of unavailability of seat(s) on the preferred date, the airline will suggest the next best alternative. If the alternative is also not suitable, then the member has the option to cancel the booking. Cancellation charges may apply as per airline policy.
- Any additional collection of change fees or fare difference levied by the airline will be collected from the Member byInterMiles through the online payment links sent by InterMiles to the Member on their registered email ID
- Booking amendments will be made only after collection of additional charges (if applicable) from the member. Revised itinerary/booking details will be sent to the member registered email ID.
- Only 1 date change is permissible per booking
- All other InterMiles Terms & Conditions remain unchanged
InterMiles Hotel bookings Refund policy for COVID-19 support
Provisions for Full Refund
- Customers who are unable to travel as a result of diagnosis of the virus will be eligible for a guaranteed full refund for all Hotel bookings initiated via Interbook platform.
- Intermiles shall provide also provide a guaranteed full refund for all Interbook Hotel bookings to healthcare workers devoted to efforts directly related to the COVID-19 public health emergency, whose travel plans have been cancelled in order to remain on the frontlines of the fight against the virus.
- Where scheduled travel becomes impossible due to published travel restrictions or mandatory 14-day quarantine requirements by destination authorities, customers from affected origins including South Korea, Japan, Italy may receive a full refund for any hotel.
- In Wake of Crisis, Chain Hotels have come up with Flexibility on the affected regions and the details can be found below
- Travelers with any bookings will be entitled to a full refund where they request a cancellation due to COVID-19 and associated travel restrictions. For detailed City & Country list and Refund claim eligibility please refer Our Country wise Refund section here.
For Online Hotel bookings through our Hotel Partners:
- For Hotel Bookings made online on www.hotels.intermiles.com via our partners you can reach out to them for support directly
- Below are the site details for your reference to coordinate for your booking with ease
- You can login to these websites and go through the manage my booking section to manage your bookings with ease
For Online Hotel Redemption bookings:
For Online Hotel bookings powered by Interbook
For Offline Hotel bookings directly with our Stay partners
- For Hotel bookings made offline directly with our Stay partners, we would request you to coordinate directly with our stay partners
Mileage expiry extension Terms & Conditions (March to June 2020)
- Mileage expiry rule is suspended for all members from March 2020 to June 2020
- Members with miles expiring in the month of March 2020, April 2020, May 2020 & June 2020 will get an extension till July 2020.
- The next expiry rule will run on 31st July 2020. Members who have been inactive for the past 18 months upto the month of July 2020 (February 2019 to July 2020 ) & have miles which are due for expiry will end up with their respective miles expiring
- To avoid their miles from getting expired, members need to have an eligible activity in the months of March 2020 to July 2020
- Date of credit of miles will be considered while running the mileage expiry and not the activity date
Other important links